- December 10, 2019
- Posted by: sibservices
- Category: electronic security
The modern world is witnessing a new kind of crime almost everyday. And sometimes, the crimes are abhorrent in the truest sense. Not that such offences are associated with murders only but the crimes are at times have an artful version also. Gone are the days when the first page of the newspaper had some good news to greet you ‘good morning’. Now, hardly can you start your day without reading or hearing anything distressing. It could be that burglars have sneaked inside an organization and put the lives of employees under threat, fraudulent activities related to money transactions or internal and external thefts.
Under such precarious situations, undermining the value of having proper electronic security solutions for business, would only add insult to injury. In this blog, we shall highlight some steps to set up security surveillance for businesses.
1. Identifying business security needs: The first step towards securing your business is identifying the potential security threats that can cause a disruption. Along with this, you also need to assess the vulnerable areas that can take the stance of the biggest threat to your organization. The most common security risks associated with a business are:
- Absence of 24/7 surveillance in the building
- Poor visibility of Point of Sale (POS) and other locations
- Lack of proper illumination
- No security at the entry or exit points
The nature of businesses varies from one to the other. Hence, it is important to analyze and identify the areas of vulnerability. By doing so, you can have a more efficient security system capable of restricting intruders and keeping your employees under vigilance.
2. Figure out the proper placement: What is the purpose of placing surveillance cameras? Surveillance cameras form an integral part of electronic security solutions. CCTV cameras should be properly placed so that visual insight is enhanced, theft is discouraged and intruders into your business areas are restricted. Some of the places where you can have the security cameras placed are:
- Entry points
- Places that have expensive equipment, sensitive data, safes, etc.
3. A proper setup: Contact a professional electronic security solutions provider to get your surveillance equipment and software placed appropriately. This will, in turn, ensure maximum protection for your business. If you prefer to install the security equipment by yourself, you can suffer the following risks:
Inappropriate placement of cameras: Placing the cameras in areas where there is insufficient illumination or absence of strong Wi-Fi signals, could render your cameras useless. A professional security company will set up the cameras only after analyzing the areas under a high-security risk.
No remote access: Installing the security solutions without professional help may or may not give you remote access from anywhere, anytime. But when it is done by a reputable security company, business owners can control their surveillance system from any location whenever required.
Lack of password protection: Sometimes business owners overlook the importance of having a password protected surveillance system. But ignoring this spell out ‘trouble’ for your business for it would be easier for cyber attackers to deactivate the cameras and accomplish their aim. With a professional security solutions provider, that is never the case. Your security equipment pieces are always password protected and restrict access to cyber attackers.
Conclusion: To have a thriving business, attracting the attention of your potential clients is not enough. Ensuring top-notch security is also a pre-requisite to keep your employees, clients and customers and business in general protected. Besides placing efficient security guards in your corporate building, you also must avail of proper electronic security solutions from a reputable company to enjoy peace of mind while you establish a connection with the world seamlessly. To know more about our corporate security solutions, visit us on sibservices.in/services/corporate-security/