- December 16, 2022
- Posted by: sibservices
- Category: Uncategorized
Fire Control & Evacuation is an essential service that often falls under the purview of disaster
management. Trained professionals are needed for evacuating victims from an emergency
situation. Roughly speaking, fire safety management services include planning, strategising,
preventing fires and protecting resources and people.
What are some of the strategies in fire safety and prevention?
There are a plethora of fire safety management rules. But nothing is above prevention. A fire
prevention not only saves damages to property but also prevents loss of lives and trauma.
Irreparable injury and trauma a person may face in a fire. So, fire prevention is the best solution.
Dedicated fire safety management services include creating pathways for emergency exits,
rapid solutions in the face of fires, providing medical aid and more. Keeping strategic
emergency routes that lead to an open space is essential along with the mapping of escape
routes. People should be well-versed with these pathways. It is important to train people with
necessary drills and mock accident setups.Training ensures less chances of panicking and
What services are provided under fire safety management?
S&IB provides a range of comprehensive services under the category. These are:
● Supply Installation and Refilling of Extinguishers
● Discharging of Carbon Dioxide Cylinders
● Supply ,Erection and Commissioning of Fire Hydrant Systems
● Supply & Installation of Fire Alarms, Smoke Detectors & Sprinklers
● Supply & Installation of Public Address System & Panic Alarm System
● Fire Evacuation process installation & Training
● Restoration of Power Supply in case of Natural Disaster
● Lift Entrapment Response Control & Evacuation due to water logging during heavy rains
● Providing Fire Officers, Fire Men & Fire Extinguishers
For your comprehensive understanding, we have listed below some FAQs:
1. What are the 4 main principles of fire safety?
Check out these basic principles of fire safety:
i) Install smoke suppression systems
ii) Keep enough space for dispersal of people
iii) Conduct fire drills
iv) Provide fire alarms
2. What is fire and safety management?
The process of planning, managing fire prevention and escape plans essentially covers
the domain. There are standard protocols and safety measures that have to be followed.
All these come under the purview of fire and safety management. Reducing and/or
managing the destruction caused by the fire and ensuring first aid to the victims also are
included in fire safety management.
3. What is the meaning of fire safety engineering?
Fire safety engineering pertains to developing strategies that protect buildings,
infrastructure and people from a possible fire. Fire safety engineers create safe and well-
equipped structures that meet the safety standards and protocols of a region.
Students are imparted with basic design and architectural knowledge, besides teaching
them how people respond during a fire.
4. What are the 4 top tips for fire safety?
Here are few fire safety tips for you:
i) Educate everyone about the fire safety plan with drills, mapping of emergency exits
ii) Don’t panic in the midst of an accident. Follow the steps elucidated during drills
iii) Test out the fire alarms
iv) Keep away from explosives